Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
systemd and journal sprint
Monday, September 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM - Friday, September 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
Hack away at systemd, the journal, and integration with our favorite languages, daemons, and log utilities.
Some focus items may be:
- Network support for the journal.
- Performance profiling the journal.
- Easy Type=notify service support for more languages.
- Better socket activation support.
- journal logging libraries for every major language. Python and PHP
are deep into being kicked off. Java, Ruby, and node.js are next on my
- Once a language has journal support, build application-level
integration. For example, Drupal's watchdog could go field-for-field
into journald. Jenkins could have a plugin for build and
administration logs. Twisted's log facility could send to journald.
- Tools to automatically ship journal logs off to systems like
Graylog2 and Flume. This is possible now in the
lowest-common-denominator of syslog, but we could be preserving
- Documentation and examples for the native journal APIs
- Documented deployment strategies for recording append-only logs of
the hash chains
Donations will be paid directly to the Open Source Initiative (OSI). The OSI is a California 501(c)3, making contributions tax-deductable.
Don't worry about bringing the EventBrite tickets. We're just using this service to plan attendence and get email addresses for contacting participants about event information.
When & Where
Pantheon lets you effortlessly develop and run Drupal sites that are fast, stable and secure.